This work aims at making Squid behave well when used as a advanced reverse
This involves URL rewriting, Location rewriting, trapping of error pages, load balancing, and a number of other issues.
Issues to address
- 2002-02-14 cache_peer originserver option merged into HEAD
- 2001-09-06 sourcehash peer selection
- 2001-05-23 SNMP updates, to allow monitoring of peers even if there is more than one peer on one IP.
- 2001-05-22 http_access2 bugfix. Ignore client-side redirects returned by redirectors.
- 2001-05-22 more errormap bugfixes. Don't crash if a invalid error URL is specified.
- 2001-05-22 erromap bugfixes
- 2001-05-21 Minor bugfix for browser redirects when used in combination with URL groups
- 2001-05-16 trap error messages (both local and received) and send them off to a "error beautifying server" (patch)
- 2001-05-10 Via headers on replies (HTTP/1.1 requirement for gateways/proxies)
- 2001-05-10 bugfix of location rewrites. Was not always sent the correct urlgroup.
- 2001-05-10 "via off" to disable the addition of Via headers
- 2001-05-10 override host header on a per peer basis (fakeddomain=XXX cache_peer option). Useful when you have a farm of application servers that wants to be called by their respective server names...
- 2001-05-10 bugfix. Send Connection: keep-alive, not Proxy-Connection: to originserver peers...
- 2001-05-10 cleanup of how user credentials are forwarded in an accelerator. New cache_peer option login=PROXYPASS to have proxy authentication converted to WWW authentication.
- 2001-05-08 the peer groups concept backed out to a separate rproxy-peergroup branch. Not stricly needed for userhash but would be a feasible optimization once everything is stable..
- 2001-05-08 userhash bugfix for cache_peer_access and friends.
- 2001-05-08 concept of peer groups introduced to allow userhash (and carp) peers to be divided into groups.
- 2001-05-02 http_access2, to be able to have access controls after redirection.
- 2001-04-30 --enable-auth-on-acceleration option for enabling proxy authentication in accelerators (just sets the hidden define, the code was already there)
- 2001-04-27 Backend health check by periodically requesting a URL and verifying the HTTP status code and reply size.
- 2001-04-23 urlgroups are now also sent to URL rewriters and Location rewriters.
- 2001-04-23 protocol= port option to specify different default protocol per port. (mainly for https_port to be able to accelerate as a http port wrt URL's)
- 2001-04-23 urlgroup= port option to specify a default urlgroup per port.
- 2001-04-23 "URL group" concept returned by the redirector to simplify backend server selections. If the returned url starts with !group!url... then group is used as the urlgroup. Can be matched with the urlgroup ACL type. The urlgroup is also part of the store key so you can have the same backend URL in two different groups and return different results.
- 2001-04-23 location rewrites can reuse the host name from the client request. Rewrite to only a urlpath and the original host name will be added automatically.
- 2001-04-23 userhash load balancing algorithm. Based on CARP but using the username as input instead of the URL.
- 2001-04-23 cache_peer has got an name option to allow more than one peer per host (differen ports)
- 2001-04-22 Accelerator mode redesigned with options to http[s]_port, replacing the old awkward httpd_accel_* directives.
- 2001-04-21 Location: rewrites implemented via location_rewrite_program. Took a bit longer than expected due to the need of a quite extensive rewrite of how replies are managed in client_side.c.
- 2001-04-20 Concept of origin server cache_peer implemented
- "builtin" URL and Location rewriting without the need of a external helper process.
- Clean up the Date header
- Allow for error_map messages to be cached
- Allow for persistent connections after error_map messages when possible..
$Id: index.html,v 1.35 2003/02/15 00:17:47 hno Exp $