Squid Development Projects
Welcome to devel.squid-cache.org (aka squid.sourceforge.net).
The purpose of this site is to boost and open up Squid development for features not yet ready to be merged into the main Squid source tree. Anyone interested in developing some feature in Squid are welcome to host their development here for sharing with other Squid developers.
If you are interested in developing a feature for Squid, please write an description of what you are interested in doing and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive instructions on how to proceed.
Please note that everything found here unless otherwise announced is development branches with no guarantee of functionality or performance. Almost all the branches is very unstable as they in most cases are not yet finished and also have received very little testing.
If your are looking for a STABLE Squid version, or want to test the bleeding edge version of Squid then please look at the main Squid site instead. The development version found there has most finished projects found here in an integrated and somewhat tested form suitable for testing.
If you want to take active part in the development of a Squid feature while it is being actively developed or have been told by the developers than one of these branches is suitable for you then this site is for you and you may continue.
Table of contents
Links to other sites of interest to developers
Other known Squid works and patches not (yet) hosted here
Other Squid related works
Other proxy servers or similar programs
- NTLM Authorization Proxy Server by Dmitry Rozmanov is a proxy software that allows you to authenticate via an MS Proxy Server using the proprietary NTLM protocol. APS has the ability to behave as a standalone proxy server and authenticate HTTP clients at Web servers using the NTLM protocol.
- TNT (Tcp Net Tee) by
Francesco 'kinkie' Chemolli is a port-forwarder with inspection
capabilities and a few HTTP-related helping facilities. Requires the Pike programming language interpreter.
- frox, a transparent ftp proxy . has some support for caching through an external cache (eg. squid), or for maintaining a cache locally.
- PET, a cooperative WWW proxy cache supporting ICP and Cache Digests
- tcpproxy, a generic TCP/IP Proxy with traffic logging capabilities
- smtp.proxy, a proxy for SMTP
- pop3.proxy, a proxy for POP3
- rsh.proxy, a proxy for RSH
- ftp.proxy, a proxy for FTP
- FWTK, The FireWall ToolKit (FWTK) is a set of proxies which you can use to build your own firewall. (note: somewhat restrictive license)
- jftpgw, an FTP proxy/gateway
- FreshMeat "Old Appindex :: Daemons :: Proxy"
$Id: index.shtml,v 1.42 2007/06/26 12:06:42 amosjeffries Exp $